Organizations continue to face difficulties balancing the desire to provide meaningful in-person experiences and the need to reduce chances of the transmission of COVID-19. As the pandemic response continues to evolve, ReelAbilities Houston believes it is our responsibility to choose the course of action that seems to present the least risk to our audience, staff, and volunteers.
For in-person events at ReelAbilities Houston, please note the following COVID protocols:
- Presentation of proof of vaccination at check in required. To attend in-person events, please bring the physical copy of your COVID vaccination card, a photograph, or utilize a digital vaccine pass such as Bindle App or Clear Health Pass.
- Masks required throughout the event.
- Capacity at all venues will be limited. Registration is strongly recommended.
These protocols were established after consultations from our partners, including the Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities, and informed with the data available and our guiding values.
- Do no harm – our actions should be guided by the idea that we do not add to the suffering or burden of those we seek to serve.
- Protecting life – we believe it is our responsibility to take all reasonable actions to protect the community from harm and to protect and preserve life.
- Be guided by experts – we believe it is our responsibility to seek out experts and be guided by their recommendations.
- Acknowledge and accept ambiguity – we understand and acknowledge that there is much we still do not know and at times the data may reasonably be interpreted in different ways.
- Preserve our ability to be a resource to the community – we feel we have an obligation to protect the health and wellbeing of our staff for their safety as well as to make sure that we have adequate staff who are well and able to serve the needs of the community that has come to depend upon us.
- Utilize technology to increase participation – seek out solutions that allow individuals to participate in a variety of ways to reduce barriers to participation and allow individuals to choose the manner of participation that best fits their individual circumstances
ReelAbilities Houston will continue to monitor COVID trends in the Houston area and modify stated protocols if necessary.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.